New York News
Brownsville teen shot by police
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police say a 15-year-old teenager armed with a handgun was shot and wounded by officers in the Brownsville section of Brooklyn.
Police say officers on patrol at about 3:30 p.m. Thursday were approached by witness who said there was a man with a gun at Osborn Street and Blake Avenue.
Police say the officers approached the armed teen, who fled on foot. Shots were fired and the teen was struck in the torso.
The teen was taken to Kings County Hospital where he was listed in stable condition.
A firearm was recovered at the scene.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news, n.j. burkett
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea 35 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire 38 min ago
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn 32 min ago
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction 25 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park