New York News
Brownsville teen shot by police
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police say a 15-year-old teenager armed with a handgun was shot and wounded by officers in the Brownsville section of Brooklyn.
Police say officers on patrol at about 3:30 p.m. Thursday were approached by witness who said there was a man with a gun at Osborn Street and Blake Avenue.
Police say the officers approached the armed teen, who fled on foot. Shots were fired and the teen was struck in the torso.
The teen was taken to Kings County Hospital where he was listed in stable condition.
A firearm was recovered at the scene.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news, n.j. burkett
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay
- Suspense builds for season finale of 'Scandal'