New York News
Brownsville teen shot by police
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police say a 15-year-old teenager armed with a handgun was shot and wounded by officers in the Brownsville section of Brooklyn.
Police say officers on patrol at about 3:30 p.m. Thursday were approached by witness who said there was a man with a gun at Osborn Street and Blake Avenue.
Police say the officers approached the armed teen, who fled on foot. Shots were fired and the teen was struck in the torso.
The teen was taken to Kings County Hospital where he was listed in stable condition.
A firearm was recovered at the scene.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news, n.j. burkett
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos