New York News
4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A fire broke out inside an apartment building in the Wakefield section of the Bronx.
The fire started on the second-floor of the 6-story building on Carpenter Avenue around 7:30 p.m. on Thursday.
It took firefighters just 40 minutes to get the blaze under control, but that was enough time to critically injure two people and seriously injure two others. One of the injured is a 1-year-old child.
The fire marshal is investigating the scene.
Several residents were forced to evacuate down their fire escapes.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, bronx news, fire, new york news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97