New York News
Crown Heights woman critical after hit and run
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 65-year-old woman is fighting for her life after a hit and run in Brooklyn Thursday.
Police say the woman was found unconscious in the middle of Eastern Parkway in Crown Heights around 11:30 a.m.
She was apparently trying to cross the parkway near Utica Avenue when officials say she was hit by a white Nissan Murano with New Jersey plates.
The SUV fled south on Schenectady Avenue.
The victim was taken to Kings County Hospital in critical condition.
She did not cross at an intersection.
Police have not released the woman's name, but she lives on Carroll Street, three blocks away from where she was hit.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, brooklyn news, crown heights, hit and run accident, new york news
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered
- Photos: Brush fire in Beachwood, New Jersey
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Dead cats found in bags hanging from tree in Yonkers
- 14.5 pound baby born in Boston
- 2 injured in elevator accident in Manhattan building
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green