New York News
Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police say a man was stabbed on a southbound 2 train as the train moved between stations in the Mott Haven section of the Bronx on Friday.
The 25-year-old rider was slashed in the chest after getting in a dispute with another man who was selling candy on the train, according to police.
The victim was transported to Lincoln Hospital with non life threatening injuries.
Police continue to search for the suspect who dropped boxes of candy as he left the station.
"It's crazy, that's like in the city, it doesn't make any sense though," said one witness.
The investigation continues.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
10 min ago