New York News
Officer injured in altercation in Brooklyn; Subway service impacted
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A police officer was injured in an altercation with a suspect in Downtown Brooklyn.
The officer sustained an injury in the head at the Flatbush Avenue station.
He was taken to the hospital with a non life threatening injury. A suspect was taken into custody.
The power to the tracks was shut and subway service was disrupted while police searched for the suspect.
Southbound number 2 trains are terminating at President St, southbound 5 trains are terminating at Bowling Green, due to a police investigation at Flatbush Avenue.
The investigation continues.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 33 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K 26 min ago
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run 1 min ago
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
33 min ago