New York News
Times Square hotel evacuated due to manhole fire
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A manhole fire caused the temporary evacuation of a Midtown hotel after it lost power Sunday.
The manhole fire was in front of The Hotel at Times Square at 59 West 46th Street just before 5 p.m.
The hotel lost power because of the fire, forcing about 240 guests to temporarily evacuate.
Con Edison crews worked to restore power while the hotel tended to its guests.
No injuries were reported.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, manhattan news, midtown, times square, fire, new york news
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Sunday snow storm
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Surveillance from East Harlem buildings near explosion
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in lurings
- Bus driver suffers medical emergency, 2 injured
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey