New York News
Brooklyn woman and cousin killed on island of Jamaica
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Authorities are investigating the fatal shootings of a Brooklyn woman and her cousin on the island of Jamaica.
19-year-old Francina Johnson of Canarsie and her 18-year-old cousin were shot last week. The motive for the apparent double murder is not known.
Johnson and the cousin, Nordia Fearon, disappeared on the island last Friday. Johnson had just arrived from Brooklyn the previous day.
She was staying with relatives in Jacobs Hut, Clarendon when she and her cousin decided to travel to May Pen.
Johnson was fatally shot and never returned home. Feardon's body was found days later in the Salt River main road in the parish of Clarendon, located in central Jamaica, with what appeared to be crocodile teeth marks on her body.
Johnson's mother said she will be traveling to Jamaica Friday to collect her daughter's body.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, canarsie, murder, new york city, new york news
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen 45 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect identified in attempted baby abduction
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured
- Sea Isle fire destroys 3 beachfront homes 54 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Yonkers family outraged after dog mauled by pit bull 49 min ago
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
45 min ago