New York News
Elmhurst pedestrian killed by hit and run driver
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police say a pedestrian was struck and killed in Elmhurst Queens early Wednesday morning by a driver who fled the scene.
At about 4:30 a.m., officers responded to a 911 call of a pedestrian struck in front of 103-08 Astoria Boulevard.
They found a 29-year old man unconscious with severe trauma to the body.
He was pronounced dead at Elmhurst Hospital.
Investigators say a vehicle, possibly a beige Toyota Camry with Pennsylvania registration, was traveling eastbound on Astoria Boulevard and struck the victim, who was attempting to cross the street.
The victim's identity has not yet been released.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, elmhurst, new york city, hit and run accident, new york news
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 23 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Heroin antidote Narcan saves 6 in Ocean County
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Baby monitors batteries recalled over burn hazard
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos