New York News
Bloomberg thanks NYPD and FDNY on Christmas
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Mayor Michael Bloomberg is spending his 12th and final Christmas as chief executive of the nation's largest city, and he thanked police and firefighters who were working on the holiday.
The mayor's first stop was the 108th police precinct in Long Island City, Queens.
Later he went to FDNY Engine 258/Ladder 115 to thank firefighters for their service.
The mayor said he has been calling families of the 69 city workers who have died in the line of duty during his 12-year tenure, including police, firefighters and sanitation workers.
Bloomberg is also celebrating the birth of a grandson.
A spokeswoman for Bloomberg's daughter Georgina says she gave birth to a son around 4:30 p.m. Tuesday. The child's name is Jasper Michael Brown Quintana. His father is Ramiro Quintana, a professional equestrian from Argentina.
Georgina Bloomberg is also a professional rider.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city mayor, michael bloomberg, new york city, new york news
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos