New York News
Police stop attacker robbing man at knifepoint at Port Authority Bus Terminal
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police say officers stopped an attacker who was robbing a man at knifepoint at Port Authority Bus Terminal.
Investigators say Kenneth Mays followed a 61-year-old man into a restroom at the terminal on Friday night.
Mays allegedly pressed a knife against the man's back and demanded money. The victim resisted, and Port Authority police responded to reports of a fight. They arrested Mays as he was struggling with the victim.
The 61-year-old was cut in the altercation and was treated at the scene.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97