New York News
Rapper with ties to 50 Cent killed, 3 wounded in Queens shooting
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Four people were shot in Springfield Gardens, Queens, including a rapper with ties to "50 Cent".
It happened around 4:30 p.m. in front of Farmers Boulevard and 133rd Avenue on Friday afternoon.
42-year-old Jamal Green was pronounced dead at the scene. He was known as Mazaradi Fox and was a member of 50 Cent's "G-Unit".
A 21-year-old man was also critically injured in the shooting and taken to Jamaica Hospital.
A 22-year-old man was taken to North Shore Long Island Jewish Hospital in stable condition, and a 32-year-old woman was rushed to Jamaica Hospital in stable condition.
There are reports that a male suspect fled in a black Hyundai Sonata.
50 Cent tweeted, saying he's "saddened by the news of Mazaradi's tragic passing", and that his thoughts go out to his family and friends.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, snow, snow storm, new york news
- Bible from East Harlem church found in debris
- AccuWeather: Much Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for Malaysian jet widens
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks
- Sick patrons interrupt Broadway show performance
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Video: Manhattan clinches first NCAA bid in a decade