New York News
Transformer catches fire near Radio City Music Hall
NEW YORK -- Officials say a transformer vault and manhole fire caused heavy smoke on a street near New York City's Radio City Music Hall.
A spokesman for Con Edison says Friday the small manhole and transformer fires broke out around 9 p.m. Friday. He says no outages have been reported.
The utility's spokesman says the manhole and nearby transformer vault fire broke out on 51st Street and Sixth Avenue in midtown Manhattan. Radio City Music Hall is on Sixth Avenue between 50th and 51st Streets. The venue had no scheduled events Friday night.
A spokesman for the New York Fire Department says firefighters responded to a report of smoke conditions.
The city's Office of Emergency Management says there were traffic delays in the area as firefighters worked on the electrical fire.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, snow, snow storm, new york news
- Missing plane may have turned back 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Violence in Bronx leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 52 min ago
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Clocks turned ahead one hour 5 min ago
- Stage collapses at California high school: 30-40 hurt
- Sen. Rand Paul wins CPAC presidential straw poll 11 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Missing plane may have turned back
29 min ago