New York News
Elderly Brooklyn woman robbed by couple
EAST NEW YORK, Brooklyn (WABC) -- The NYPD released a video showing the 89-year-old victim pushing her walker into her East New York apartment building trailed by the two assailants, one man, one woman.
The clip does not show what happened next. But cops say the pair followed their prey into the elevator, where one of them put the tiny woman into a choke hold, while the other grabbed her pocketbook.
"That's crazy why would you attack the older people, they are unable to fight back," a resident said.
It happened at 10 in the morning on Saturday, in a building populated mostly by senior citizens.
Many of those residents had not yet heard of the attack.
It's all very unsettling for Mary Brown who says this just as easily could have happened to her.
"It scares me because I'm always in and out going to church," Brown said.
That's why police released the video, in hopes someone recognizes the suspects before they target anyone else.
The man is described as 6 feet tall and 200 pounds, and is seen on video wearing a light brown jacket dark jeans and a brown ski cap.
His partner, a woman, was seen wearing a dark jacket, dark jeans, and bright red sneakers.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, robbery, brooklyn news, east new york, new york news, josh einiger
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ