New York News
Police investigate death of 4-year old boy in Midtown
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are investigating the suspicious death of a 4-year-old boy who was found in an empty bathtub in Midtown Manhattan.
At 10:50 Wednesday morning, officers responded to a 911 call from the Ritz Plaza apartment building at 235 West 48th Street, where the boy's babysitter lives.
They found the boy unconscious and unresponsive.
EMS responded and transported the child to Roosevelt Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The Medical Examiner will determine the cause of death and the investigation is ongoing.
The boy's identity has not yet been released.
The boy's 37-year old caregiver told police she had put the child on the bathroom counter and left the room briefly. Police say the woman told them that the boy fell off the counter and landed in the empty bathtub.
But detectives say he had cuts and third-degree burns on his body, including cigarette burns.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, child death, new york city, new york news
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder 4 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Surveillance from East Harlem buildings near explosion
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in lurings
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt 6 min ago
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
4 min ago