New York News
Police investigate death of 4-year old boy in Midtown
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are investigating the suspicious death of a 4-year-old boy who was found in an empty bathtub in Midtown Manhattan.
At 10:50 Wednesday morning, officers responded to a 911 call from the Ritz Plaza apartment building at 235 West 48th Street, where the boy's babysitter lives.
They found the boy unconscious and unresponsive.
EMS responded and transported the child to Roosevelt Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The Medical Examiner will determine the cause of death and the investigation is ongoing.
The boy's identity has not yet been released.
The boy's 37-year old caregiver told police she had put the child on the bathroom counter and left the room briefly. Police say the woman told them that the boy fell off the counter and landed in the empty bathtub.
But detectives say he had cuts and third-degree burns on his body, including cigarette burns.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, child death, new york city, new york news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd 45 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
45 min ago