New York News
Police investigate death of 4-year old boy in Midtown
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are investigating the suspicious death of a 4-year-old boy who was found in an empty bathtub in Midtown Manhattan.
At 10:50 Wednesday morning, officers responded to a 911 call from the Ritz Plaza apartment building at 235 West 48th Street, where the boy's babysitter lives.
They found the boy unconscious and unresponsive.
EMS responded and transported the child to Roosevelt Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The Medical Examiner will determine the cause of death and the investigation is ongoing.
The boy's identity has not yet been released.
The boy's 37-year old caregiver told police she had put the child on the bathroom counter and left the room briefly. Police say the woman told them that the boy fell off the counter and landed in the empty bathtub.
But detectives say he had cuts and third-degree burns on his body, including cigarette burns.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, child death, new york city, new york news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- Suspect questioned after body found in container
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11 40 min ago
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- Pope Francis celebrates Easter with prayers for peace
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos