New York News
Harlem police-involved shooting leaves suspect wounded
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A police-involved shooting left an armed man wounded following a traffic stop in Harlem Wednesday night.
Police say the 30-year-old suspect was shot in the arm after he got out of an SUV with a handgun at 125th Street and 12th Avenue just after 9 p.m.
Drug task force officers pulled the vehicle over as part of a narcotics investigation and opened fire after the man got exited the front passenger seat with a .40-caliber Taurus handgun, which was recovered at the scene.
It wasn't clear how many shots were fired.
The suspect was taken to St. Luke's Hospital, where he was treated and released.
Police say charges are pending against him.
Four others were also taken into custody.
The investigation is ongoing.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 12 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K 5 min ago
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
12 min ago