New York News
Reward increased in 'The Chew' staffer's Brooklyn murder
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- The reward has been increased for information leading to an arrest in the death of a member of the ABC TV family who was killed one year ago Friday.
Ivan Giovanettina, 41, was a crew member of the popular ABC talk show "The Chew."
He was shot and killed on January 10, 2013, near his home in the Bedford-Stuyvesant section of Brooklyn.
Police are looking for two men seen on surveillance video walking near the murder scene who may have tried to rob Giovanettina.
Witnesses told police they saw Giovanettina running after two men dressed in black in a possible attempt to retrieve his property before they heard gunshots.
Police say Giovanettina was shot in the torso and pronounced dead at Kings County Hospital.
Last year, ABC released the following statement:
"We are shocked and saddened to learn of Ivan Giovanettina's untimely death. He was a beloved member of our team and we extend our deepest sympathies to his family and friends."
The reward is now $10,000.
Anyone with information in regards to this missing is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, bedford-stuyvesant, brooklyn news, murder, new york news
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 45 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
45 min ago
- Death toll rises to 13 in Mount Everest...
29 min ago