New York News
Reward increased in 'The Chew' staffer's Brooklyn murder
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- The reward has been increased for information leading to an arrest in the death of a member of the ABC TV family who was killed one year ago Friday.
Ivan Giovanettina, 41, was a crew member of the popular ABC talk show "The Chew."
He was shot and killed on January 10, 2013, near his home in the Bedford-Stuyvesant section of Brooklyn.
Police are looking for two men seen on surveillance video walking near the murder scene who may have tried to rob Giovanettina.
Witnesses told police they saw Giovanettina running after two men dressed in black in a possible attempt to retrieve his property before they heard gunshots.
Police say Giovanettina was shot in the torso and pronounced dead at Kings County Hospital.
Last year, ABC released the following statement:
"We are shocked and saddened to learn of Ivan Giovanettina's untimely death. He was a beloved member of our team and we extend our deepest sympathies to his family and friends."
The reward is now $10,000.
Anyone with information in regards to this missing is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, bedford-stuyvesant, brooklyn news, murder, new york news
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Much Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Bible from East Harlem church found in debris
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Runners hit the streets for NYC Half Marathon 1 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for Malaysian jet widens
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks
- Sick patrons interrupt Broadway show performance