New York News
Two dead in separate Upper West Side accidents
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Two fatal accidents occurred Friday night just blocks away from each other on the Upper West Side.
At around 8:30 p.m., a 73-year-old man was crossing West 96th Street when he was hit by a private bus traveling south on Broadway that tried to turn at that intersection.
The victim was pronounced dead at the scene. The bus driver stayed at the scene. No charges have been filed.
About a half an hour later, just after 9 p.m., a 9-year-old boy and his 51-year old father were both struck by a cab at West 97th Street and West End Ave.
They were crossing West End Ave and were hit by the cab which was turning from West 97th Street.
The boy was taken to St. Luke's Hospital where he was pronounced dead. His father suffered a leg injury.
The boy is not being identified until the rest of his family can be notified.
The 53-year old cab driver stayed at the scene, but may be issued a summons for failure to yield. The accident remains under investigation.
The accidents are not related to each other.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard 34 min ago
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' fame dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying...
34 min ago