New York News
Out-of-control SUV careens into Brooklyn Popeyes; 4 hurt
EAST FLATBUSH (WABC) -- Four people were hurt when an out-of-control SUV careened into an East Flatbush Popeyes Sunday night.
In one split-second, the Popeye's fast food place burst into a wild crash scene.
You can watch as the Toyota forerunner smashes through the front of the restaurant.
There were customers right by the window and workers in the back.
As heart stopping as the video is, amazingly no one was killed.
It happened 8:30 Sunday night on the corner of Utica Avenue and Linden Boulevard in the East Flatbush section of Brooklyn.
Eyewitness News is told there were two elderly customers, a 75-year-old man and 74-year-old woman, eating up front. They were narrowly missed by the out-of-control car.
Inside the Toyota were a 61-year-old female driver and 57-year-old female passenger.
The driver claims the brakes failed.
Police have impounded the SUV.
At this hour, no charges have been filed.
Monday, workers were racing to rebuild what the Toyota tore down.
Police report all the injuries are fairly minor, which is incredible.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news, lucy yang
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen