New York News
Harlem accident leaves skateboarder critically hurt
HARLEM (WABC) -- A 21-year old skateboard rider was critically injured in an accident Monday morning in Harlem.
The man was holding onto the rear bumper of a box truck, heading southbound on Amsterdam Avenue, when the vehicle hit a bump.
The skateboarder lost his grip on the truck, fell to the ground and hit his head on the pavement.
He was taken to St. Luke's Hospital in critical condition.
The box truck did not stop. At this point, it appears the driver did not know he had a person holding onto the back.
Police have interviewed a witness who observed the entire incident.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, accident, harlem, new york city, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act