New York News
Child stable after fall through manhole in Brooklyn
BOROUGH PARK (WABC) -- A child was rescued and is in stable condition after falling through a manhole in Brooklyn Tuesday morning.
The incident happened at 13th Avenue and 49th Street in Borough Park, with the 10-year-old boy falling about 20 feet down the hole.
Two Verizon workers who just happened to be driving past pulled out their collapsible ladder and lowered it down.
The boy climbed up the ladder and out of the hole. He suffered a bruise to his right leg and was taken to Lutheran Hospital.
There was construction in the area, and orange cones surrounded the manhole. NYPD Emergency Services Units and the FDNY were already responding to a call for an open manhole when the boy fell.
DEP crews arrived on the scene and secured the manhole.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, brooklyn news, borough park, new york news
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder 30 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
30 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos