New York News
Child stable after fall through manhole in Brooklyn
BOROUGH PARK (WABC) -- A child was rescued and is in stable condition after falling through a manhole in Brooklyn Tuesday morning.
The incident happened at 13th Avenue and 49th Street in Borough Park, with the 10-year-old boy falling about 20 feet down the hole.
Two Verizon workers who just happened to be driving past pulled out their collapsible ladder and lowered it down.
The boy climbed up the ladder and out of the hole. He suffered a bruise to his right leg and was taken to Lutheran Hospital.
There was construction in the area, and orange cones surrounded the manhole. NYPD Emergency Services Units and the FDNY were already responding to a call for an open manhole when the boy fell.
DEP crews arrived on the scene and secured the manhole.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, brooklyn news, borough park, new york news
- Missing plane may have turned back 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 51 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Violence in Bronx leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 34 min ago
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Stage collapses at California high school: 30-40 hurt 55 min ago
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97
- Missing plane may have turned back
11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
51 min ago