New York News
Morningside Heights subway station attempted rape
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police in Morningside Heights are searching for a man accused of trying to rape a woman as she left a subway station.
It happened at the station at 110 Street and Cathedral Parkway on Saturday, January 4th at 3:30 p.m.
The 36-year-old woman was walking out when the suspect came up from behind her and pulled her pants down.
The victim began to scream and the suspect ran off.
She was not injured.
The suspect is described as a 35-year-old black male, 6' tall, weighing 250 pounds, wearing a black cap, black sneakers, and a waist length black jacket.
Anyone with information in regards to this attempted rape is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, morningside heights, new york news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ