New York News
Morningside Heights subway station attempted rape
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police in Morningside Heights are searching for a man accused of trying to rape a woman as she left a subway station.
It happened at the station at 110 Street and Cathedral Parkway on Saturday, January 4th at 3:30 p.m.
The 36-year-old woman was walking out when the suspect came up from behind her and pulled her pants down.
The victim began to scream and the suspect ran off.
She was not injured.
The suspect is described as a 35-year-old black male, 6' tall, weighing 250 pounds, wearing a black cap, black sneakers, and a waist length black jacket.
Anyone with information in regards to this attempted rape is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, morningside heights, new york news
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 59 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
59 min ago
- Death toll rises to 13 in Mount Everest...
43 min ago