New York News
Rubbish fire at JFK Airport under loading dock
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There was a small but smoky rubbish fire under a loading dock at the Lufthansa cargo building at JFK Airport Tuesday night.
The fire was underneath dock 5 at the building, which is number 23A at the airport.
The fire started at 7:35 p.m. and was under control just after 8 p.m.
18 people suffered from smoke inhalation. 14 were treated at the scene; four other were taken to Jamaica Hospital but will be OK. Most if not all of the injured were cargo workers.
This was on the street side of the building and had no impact on air traffic.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, fire, jfk international airport, new york news
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 23 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside 42 min ago
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 53 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
23 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos