New York News
Rubbish fire at JFK Airport under loading dock
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There was a small but smoky rubbish fire under a loading dock at the Lufthansa cargo building at JFK Airport Tuesday night.
The fire was underneath dock 5 at the building, which is number 23A at the airport.
The fire started at 7:35 p.m. and was under control just after 8 p.m.
18 people suffered from smoke inhalation. 14 were treated at the scene; four other were taken to Jamaica Hospital but will be OK. Most if not all of the injured were cargo workers.
This was on the street side of the building and had no impact on air traffic.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, fire, jfk international airport, new york news
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos