New York News
Brooklyn landlord murder: Police find van believed used in abduction
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There are new details Thursday in the murder of a Brooklyn landlord who kidnapped, burned and found in a dumpster on Long Island.
Police may have found the van Menachem Stark's killers used in his abduction.
A White Dodge Caravan fitting the description of the vehicle seen on surveillance video was found Wednesday in Brownsville.
Investigators are are processing it for clues.
The van's owner was present at the time and interviewed by detectives. He is not considered a suspect.
The van may have been recently washed, and it had not been reported stolen.
Detectives now believe the 39-year-old Stark was abducted in Williamsburg on January 2 and killed over a debt owed to another businessman.
No one has been arrested in the murder.
Stark, a member of an ultra-Orthodox Jewish sect, has been described as an honest family man eager to help his neighbors and friends, a man who had no enemies. But he's also been called a slumlord. Some of his buildings were in disrepair, and he owed millions to creditors and had declared bankruptcy in 2009.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in basement
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mayor names Kathryn Garcia new head of sanitation
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Photos: Bus hits cars in Brooklyn 8 min ago
- Brooklyn shooting leaves 4 boys wounded
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit 27 min ago
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million