New York News
Body found in East River
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Human remains were found in the East River along College Point Thursday night.
Police say someone called 911 after finding what turned out to be a left arm in the water near Powell Cove Boulevard and Endeavor Place. This is just adjacent to the College Point Yacht Club.
Police have a helicopter over the scene and a boat in the water and may have found the rest of the body. They are in the process of recovering it now.
Once the body is recovered, it will be brought to the Medical Examiner's office, which will try to figure out who this is and the cause of death.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold 34 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
34 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos