New York News
Driver in Midtown crash had heart attack behind wheel
MIDTOWN (WABC) -- Police say the driver of an SUV that flipped over at a busy intersection in Midtown just before rush hour on Friday suffered a heart attack behind the wheel and died.
The accident happened just before 4:00 p.m. near the intersection of 6th Avenue and West 41st Street.
The SUV hit the front of an MTA bus that was stopped at a red light on 6th Avenue near Bryant Park.
The SUV then continued north on 6th when it struck a light pole and overturned.
The 44-year-old driver was taken to Bellevue Hospital after going into cardiac arrest and was pronounced dead. His identity has not yet been released.
A driver and two passengers were aboard the bus. No one on the bus, sidewalks or street was hurt.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for cause
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Firefighters respond to brush fire near JFK
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare