New York News
Woman hit by cement truck on Upper East Side
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A woman was critically injured Saturday when she was struck by a cement truck on the Upper East Side of Manhattan.
It happened at about 10 a.m. as the truck heading south on Second Avenue near East 68th Street.
The victim suffered severe trauma and was taken to Bellevue Hospital.
Authorities say the truck remained on the scene.
Local streets were blocked off as police investigated the accident.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus 49 min ago
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span 49 min ago
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera 20 min ago
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Boston rice cooker suspect sent to psych hospital