New York News
Police hunt suspect in Queens stabbing of mom, 2 daughters
JAMAICA (WABC) -- Police have released a photo of the man wanted in the fatal stabbings of a mother and her two young daughters in Queens.
The victim's family was surrounded Monday night at a vigil put together by their church family.
Hundreds of people who have heavy hearts are trying to cope with the loss of Deisy Garcia and her baby girls.
The victim's mother says her daughter was dead in her Jamaica, Queens apartment, as she wondered why the 21-year-old and her 2 and 1-year-old granddaughters didn't show up at church.
Family members found them stabbed to death Sunday night after thinking they were simply asleep in their rooms.
Police are looking for the suspect, the victim's husband, Miguel Mejia-Ramos.
The 28-year-old is also Daniela and Yaslin's father and may be in a 2001 Chevrolet commercial van or a white 1995 Dodge Suburban.
The victim's uncle says it's hard to understand this.
Relatives and close friends say Garcia was the victim of domestic violence.
But sadly, too afraid to call police, fearing she would be deported to Guatemala.
A faithful member of her church, they say Garcia always put in trust in God.
"She was a great mother," family friend Sarei Hernandez said. "She loved her kids. You could tell she loved her kids a lot. She was a really happy mother. She was proud of her daughters. She never left them alone."
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call Crime stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, queens news, jamaica, stabbing, child killed, new york news
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera
- Man caught on camera using cloned ATM card 53 min ago
- BridgeGate panel could call Gov. Chris Christie to testify
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87 53 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014 42 min ago