New York News
Missing 12-year-old Brooklyn boy found safe
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 12-year-old Brooklyn boy was missing for nearly a week has been found safe and sound and in good condition early Thursday.
Izayus Harrison had been missing since last Thursday.
He was last seen at a KFC restaurant in Crown Heights after he had tried to visit his mother, Tiffany Bryant, at her place of employment.
She put up flyers around the neighborhood, hoping to find him.
Bryant says her son is a good student, gets good grades and does all of his chores.
He's never run away from home before and has always kept in close contact with her.
"I don't feel like eating, I don't sleep," she said. "I just watch TV hoping he'll knock on the door. I look out the window hoping he'll pass by, just nothing."
The last time Bryant saw Harrison was when he and his little brothers left for school. PS 284 is just across the street from their Brownsville home, and teachers confirmed he was there that day. Then, Bryant's boss says he showed up at her job around 3:30 p.m., but it was his mom's day off. Then he went for food.
"I love him," she said. "That's my son. I want him. I just want him home...Once he left KFC, that was it. Nobody has seen him since. He had no money, no food, no clothes."
The circumstances of his disappearance are not know, but authorities confirmed he was located in good condition.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news, carolina leid
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school 45 min ago
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT 20 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos