New York News
Missing 12-year-old Brooklyn boy found safe
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 12-year-old Brooklyn boy was missing for nearly a week has been found safe and sound and in good condition early Thursday.
Izayus Harrison had been missing since last Thursday.
He was last seen at a KFC restaurant in Crown Heights after he had tried to visit his mother, Tiffany Bryant, at her place of employment.
She put up flyers around the neighborhood, hoping to find him.
Bryant says her son is a good student, gets good grades and does all of his chores.
He's never run away from home before and has always kept in close contact with her.
"I don't feel like eating, I don't sleep," she said. "I just watch TV hoping he'll knock on the door. I look out the window hoping he'll pass by, just nothing."
The last time Bryant saw Harrison was when he and his little brothers left for school. PS 284 is just across the street from their Brownsville home, and teachers confirmed he was there that day. Then, Bryant's boss says he showed up at her job around 3:30 p.m., but it was his mom's day off. Then he went for food.
"I love him," she said. "That's my son. I want him. I just want him home...Once he left KFC, that was it. Nobody has seen him since. He had no money, no food, no clothes."
The circumstances of his disappearance are not know, but authorities confirmed he was located in good condition.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news, carolina leid
- At least 2 dead, 28 hurt in East Harlem explosion 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 53 min ago
- Metro-North service changes due to East Harlem explosion
- Video: Emergency personnel investigating East...
- Video: How will the East Harlem explosion affect...
- Video: Building explosion rattles East Harlem
- Video: De Blasio: Gas leak complaint came in 15...
- Video: Residents near East Harlem explosion...
- Video: Woman hears East Harlem Explosion, thought...
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination