New York News
Queens man accused of stealing car, sexual abuse
QUEENS (WABC) -- A 23-year-old Queens man is accused of stealing a car with a 13-year-old girl inside, and then attempted to sexually assault her.
The crime began at Sutphin Boulevard and 109 Avenue in Queens around 6:00 p.m. on Thursday.
Authorities say a 28-year-old man had called 911 to report his 2002 Ford Explorer had been stolen and his niece was in the back seat sleeping.
Officers from the Queens Gang Squad spotted the vehicle a short time later near 147 Street and Rockaway Boulevard.
They arrested 23 year old Kapri Dickson, who was inside the vehicle when officers arrived.
Investigators later determined that Dickson attempted to sexually assault the 13 year old girl in the back seat.
She yelled and attempted to push away the suspect, and that's when police say the suspect struck her in the face and threw her out of the vehicle.
The victim was taken to an area hospital in stable condition.
Dickson is charged with grand larceny, sex abuse and related offenses.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act