New York News
Water main break in Crotona Park East
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There is a large water main break in Crotona Park East, Bronx.
The 12-inch main broke around 4 p.m. on Freeman Street at Hoe Avenue.
The crews were able to turn off the water about 45 minutes later.
The streets are very icy as a result of the water that spilled out of that water main. Although crews did put down salt and sand Friday evening.
We're told that 30 families are currently without water.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Stage collapses at California high school: 3040 hurt 4 min ago
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97