New York News
Staten Island man facing charges in fatal DWI
STATEN ISLAND (WABC) -- A Staten Island man is under arrest in a deadly case of drunk driving.
Michael Pogorzelski, 39, is charged with DWI in the Sunday night crash.
Police say he struck James Benedict as the 67-year-old walked in the bike lane on Lily Pond Avenue across from Fort Wadsworth.
Benedict died at Staten Island University Hospital.
Pogorzelski was arrested at the scene.
The investigation is continuing.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, staten island, pedestrian struck, drunk driving, new york news
- 4 dead, 280 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members 23 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View" 37 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault 11 min ago
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT 52 min ago
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village...
11 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos