New York News
Staten Island man facing charges in fatal DWI
STATEN ISLAND (WABC) -- A Staten Island man is under arrest in a deadly case of drunk driving.
Michael Pogorzelski, 39, is charged with DWI in the Sunday night crash.
Police say he struck James Benedict as the 67-year-old walked in the bike lane on Lily Pond Avenue across from Fort Wadsworth.
Benedict died at Staten Island University Hospital.
Pogorzelski was arrested at the scene.
The investigation is continuing.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, staten island, pedestrian struck, drunk driving, new york news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 1 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania 13 min ago
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard 7 min ago
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239...
14 min ago
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in...
13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
1 min ago
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
7 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos