New York News
Video released in string of Queens cab driver robberies
QUEENS (WABC) -- Investigators are hoping surveillance video will help catch the people responsible for a string of armed robberies against livery cab drivers in Queens.
The video shows one of the suspects using a credit card stolen from one of the drivers.
The most recent of four incidents happened around 5:30 a.m. Friday in East Elmhurst. Police say the 43-year-old driver was dispatched to Ericsson Street, where the male suspect asked him to open the trunk. He then displayed a firearm and demanded property.
The victim complied, and the suspect fled with property.No injuries were reported at this incident.
The first incident happened back on October 12 at the same location just after midnight and again on January 21. A similar robbery happened in Flushing on January 8. In that incident, the suspect was accompanied by another person, who struck the victim in the face when he refused to comply. No property was stolen, but the driver sustained minor injuries.
Anyone with information in regards to these incidents is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, queens news, elmhurst, flushing, robbery, new york news
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy 21 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins 34 min ago
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports 31 min ago
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo 9 min ago
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew...
31 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos