New York News
Brooklyn bus dispute leaves man shot
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A man was shot in the hand during a dispute on an MTA bus in Brooklyn Friday morning.
Police say a 31-year-old man was hit while on the B12 bus at East New York Avenue and Thomas S Boyland Street in the Bronwnsville section just before 10 a.m.
Witnesses said the victim was arguing with another man and then shoved him. The other man responded by opening fire.
The victim was shot in the left hand. He was taken Brookdale University Hospital with a non-life threatening injury.
The other man, a 47-year-old, was taken into custody. He was being questioned, but no charges were immediately filed.
The gun was recovered on the bus.
No other passengers were hurt.
As a result of the police investigation, B12 buses are detoured.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, brooklyn news, brownsville, shooting, bus, new york news
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Sunday snow storm
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Surveillance from East Harlem buildings near explosion
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in lurings
- Bus driver suffers medical emergency, 2 injured
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey