New York News
Brooklyn bus dispute leaves man shot
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A man was shot in the hand during a dispute on an MTA bus in Brooklyn Friday morning.
Police say a 31-year-old man was hit while on the B12 bus at East New York Avenue and Thomas S Boyland Street in the Bronwnsville section just before 10 a.m.
Witnesses said the victim was arguing with another man and then shoved him. The other man responded by opening fire.
The victim was shot in the left hand. He was taken Brookdale University Hospital with a non-life threatening injury.
The other man, a 47-year-old, was taken into custody. He was being questioned, but no charges were immediately filed.
The gun was recovered on the bus.
No other passengers were hurt.
As a result of the police investigation, B12 buses are detoured.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, brooklyn news, brownsville, shooting, bus, new york news
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen