New York News
NYPD: No hazardous substance found at Midtown hotel
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Authorities responded to a complaint involving white powder at a hotel in Midtown Manhattan, but found no threat.
The FDNY and EMS say they responded at 10:15 a.m. to the Crowne Plaza Hotel on Broadway between 48th and 49th Streets.
Investigators said the reported incident proved to be unfounded.
An ambulance responded to the scene, but no decontamination units were deployed.
On Friday, authorities said preliminary tests showed no threat from white powder found in letters sent to New Jersey hotels near the Super Bowl.
Sources said preliminary tests indicated the envelopes contained baking soda. Officials deemed the situation non-hazardous.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Designer L'Wren Scott dead in apparent suicide
- AccuWeather: Clearing And Cold 40 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Company insider comes forward against energy company 32 min ago
- Photos: NYC St. Patrick's Day Parade
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over gays
- Suspect accused of setting Brooklyn apartment fire 4 min ago
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Earthquake shakes Los Angeles awake 47 min ago
- Tuesday last day to apply for TCS NYC Marathon 13 min ago
- Photos: Dancing With The Stars Season 18 cast
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- AccuWeather: Clearing And Cold
40 min ago