New York News
NYPD: No hazardous substance found at Midtown hotel
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Authorities responded to a complaint involving white powder at a hotel in Midtown Manhattan, but found no threat.
The FDNY and EMS say they responded at 10:15 a.m. to the Crowne Plaza Hotel on Broadway between 48th and 49th Streets.
Investigators said the reported incident proved to be unfounded.
An ambulance responded to the scene, but no decontamination units were deployed.
On Friday, authorities said preliminary tests showed no threat from white powder found in letters sent to New Jersey hotels near the Super Bowl.
Sources said preliminary tests indicated the envelopes contained baking soda. Officials deemed the situation non-hazardous.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting 33 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster