New York News
5 pedestrians struck by vehicle at Queens bus stop
SUNNYSIDE (WABC) -- Police are searching for the driver of a white Mazda after 5 people were struck while waiting at a bus stop in Queens.
The incident occurred at Northern Boulevard and 48th Street in Sunnyside section.
The victims were taken to Elmhurst Hospital - two are in critical condition, two have minor injuries, and one is serious, but stable.
Witnesses say the driver was going so fast that it almost completely ran over the bus station. Shattered glass littered the street, and items from the victims were thrown across the sidewalk.
"They were literally run over," said eyewitness Joel Duran.
Police are hoping that the white Mazda and surveillance video will help them track down the driver.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Bible from East Harlem church found in debris
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for Malaysian jet widens
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks
- Sick patrons interrupt Broadway show performance
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Video: Manhattan clinches first NCAA bid in a decade