New York News
Police make arrest in Queens bus stop hit and run
SUNNYSIDE (WABC) -- Police have made an arrest in a hit-and-run accident that left five people hurt at a bus stop in Queens.
Authorities say 32-year-old Luis Andrade, of Queens, is charged with leaving the scene of an accident with a serious injury.
Andrade was arrested Sunday afternoon.
The crash happened on Northern Boulevard in Woodside Saturday night.
A 7-year-old girl was transferred to Elmhurst Hospital with a skull fracture, but the injury is not considered life threatening. She is related to a 25-year-old man who sustained lacerations to head.
Two women were also struck, with a 28-year-old sustaining a broken right leg and a 56-year-old suffering a broken left foot.
A 20-year-old woman was not struck but was treated for trauma at the hospital.
Police say Andrade ditched the vehicle outside 37-59 61st Street, where it was found a short time later.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Malaysia Airlines says plane went missing 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos