New York News
LaGuardia Terminal reopens after brief evacuation
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A report of a suspicious package briefly evacuated part the Delta terminal at LaGuardia Airport Tuesday morning.
Authorities say a baggage handler became concerned about a bag that apparently seemed warm.
Police were called, and the bag was taken to a remote location to be checked out.
A portion of Terminal C was evacuated as a precaution. It reopened just after 1 p.m.
The bag was never loaded onto the plane, Delta Airlines Flight 5208, which will proceed to its original destination.
Delta released the following statement:
Delta flight 5208 from New York-LaGuardia to Richmond was delayed today due to the discovery of a suspicious bag while loading the aircraft. The bag and passenger who checked the bag were removed from the flight and the flight has since departed, approximately two hours late. The Port Authority is investigated the bag and has since cleared it.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, laguardia airport, new york news
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park