New York News
LaGuardia Terminal reopens after brief evacuation
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A report of a suspicious package briefly evacuated part the Delta terminal at LaGuardia Airport Tuesday morning.
Authorities say a baggage handler became concerned about a bag that apparently seemed warm.
Police were called, and the bag was taken to a remote location to be checked out.
A portion of Terminal C was evacuated as a precaution. It reopened just after 1 p.m.
The bag was never loaded onto the plane, Delta Airlines Flight 5208, which will proceed to its original destination.
Delta released the following statement:
Delta flight 5208 from New York-LaGuardia to Richmond was delayed today due to the discovery of a suspicious bag while loading the aircraft. The bag and passenger who checked the bag were removed from the flight and the flight has since departed, approximately two hours late. The Port Authority is investigated the bag and has since cleared it.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, laguardia airport, new york news
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire 57 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Possible 'knockout' attack on Lower East Side
- Brooklyn school officials face discipline for not reporting...
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors 33 min ago
- Mariano Rivera rescues, renovates New Rochelle church
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in...
57 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos