New York News
Woman stiffs cab driver $980 New York City-to-Boston fare
NEW YORK -- A Massachusetts woman who took a cab from New York City to her home outside Boston was arrested after she couldn't pay the nearly $1,000 fare.
Denise Rebelato was charged with larceny over $250 on Wednesday after the driver called police.
Authorities say the 31-year-old Rebelato grabbed the cab at JFK International Airport and had it take her to Framingham, about 15 miles west of Boston.
Upon arrival, she went inside to get the $980 fare. She came out 10 minutes later and said she didn't have the money.
The MetroWest Daily News reports that Rebelato agreed to a deal at her arraignment Thursday in which charges will be dropped if she pays the money within 30 days.
The judge wondered why she didn't take a bus.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, taxi, cab drivers, new york news
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 15 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 42 min ago
- Mount Vernon responds to racist tweets by Mahopac players
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company 57 min ago
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
15 min ago
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
42 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos