New York News
Man arrested in murder of rapper with ties to 50 Cent
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police have made an arrest in the shooting death of a rapper who had close ties to 50 Cent.
Forty-two-year-old Jamal Green, known as Mazaradi Fox, was shot and killed on January 3 in Springfield Gardens, Queens.
Authorities arrested 35-year-old Jamal Scott, also of Queens. He is charged with second-degree murder, four counts of attempted murder, four counts of felony assault, attempted felony assault and five counts of criminal possession of a weapon.
Three others were also wounded in the shooting, one critically. They were treated and released from area hospitals.
Green was a member of 50 Cents G-Unit.
50 Cent had tweeted that he was "saddened by the news of Mazaradi's tragic passing," and that his thoughts went out to Green's family and friends.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, snow, snow storm, new york news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard 18 min ago
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' fame dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying...
18 min ago