New York News
Man arrested in murder of rapper with ties to 50 Cent
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police have made an arrest in the shooting death of a rapper who had close ties to 50 Cent.
Forty-two-year-old Jamal Green, known as Mazaradi Fox, was shot and killed on January 3 in Springfield Gardens, Queens.
Authorities arrested 35-year-old Jamal Scott, also of Queens. He is charged with second-degree murder, four counts of attempted murder, four counts of felony assault, attempted felony assault and five counts of criminal possession of a weapon.
Three others were also wounded in the shooting, one critically. They were treated and released from area hospitals.
Green was a member of 50 Cents G-Unit.
50 Cent had tweeted that he was "saddened by the news of Mazaradi's tragic passing," and that his thoughts went out to Green's family and friends.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, snow, snow storm, new york news
- Islam at center of 9/11 Memorial criticism
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool 26 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Boy found dead on building scaffolding in Bronx
- Yanks pitcher Pineda ejected for substance on neck
- Police search for arson suspect in Brooklyn
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Gunfire in Central Islip after drug deal goes bad
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
26 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos