New York News
MTA agent on camera flipping off customer
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An MTA booth agent was caught on camera yelling at customers and giving them the finger, two of them actually.
"Give me $10 on my Metro Card," said Jonathan Pillot, an MTA customer.
"You cursed me," said the MTA booth agent.
"No I didn't," Pillot said.
"Yes you did," the MTA booth agent said.
The irate MTA booth agent lost his cool.
The angry exchange was captured on a cell phone camera by a straphanger.
"You want to take a picture?" the MTA agent said as he held his two middle fingers in the air.
Jonathan Pillot says he went into the West 4th Street Subway Station Tuesday morning, and couldn't believe an agent was berating an elderly woman who simply asked for a senior citizen's discount card.
"He screamed at her that there are none. She said, 'I got one last week'. He just screamed, 'They're out, they're out!'" Pillot said.
Pillot says the woman stormed off, but not before calling the MTA worker an idiot.
"I said, 'You can't talk to people like that, you're a city employee. It's not acceptable," Pillot said, "When I turned the video camera on, his fingers were in an obscene, well double obscene gesture. It was appalling."
The longtime film maker says he doesn't know what should happen to the worker, but he feels there's a larger lesson here to be learned.
"It's not about what should happen to him because I'm sure he had a rough day. Maybe he does that all of the time, maybe he doesn't, I don't want to judge, I don't know," Pillot said, "People watch stuff on television on the internet and its willy nilly and people think it's OK. It doesn't just happen on a reality show, it happens in real life. We need to treat each other better no matter the circumstances."
An MTA spokesperson says the agent's actions are completely unacceptable and appropriate disciplinary action will be taken.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news, carolina leid
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt 31 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village 44 min ago
- Woman charged Thursday with neglect after living in a van with...
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos