New York News
Bronx mom facing charges after 5-year-old falls out window
BRONX (WABC) -- A Bronx mother is facing child endangerment charges after her 5-year-old daughter fell out a third-story window Thursday afternoon.
Police say Caroline Kumah, 38, left her three children home alone in their apartment on East 164th Street in the Melrose section.
The girl fell out the window after pushing out the AC unit.
She was rushed to Lincoln Hospital and is expected to be okay.
The other children are 1 and 9 years old. me alone.
Police believe the kids were home alone for about two hours before the incident happened just after 2 p.m.
Kumah was reportedly out shopping.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, bronx news, melrose, child injured, new york news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos