New York News
Bronx roof collapses caused by heavy snowfall
WESTCHESTER VILLAGE (WABC) -- The heavy snowfall is likely to blame for two roof collapses in the Bronx.
The roof of a house in the Westchester Village Section of the Bronx partially collapsed. The building was vacant, and there was no one there at the time. Con Ed cut power to the house, and building inspectors are checking to see if the structure is sound.
On the same block, the roof of a backyard deck collapsed. The owner of the home said the deck had held up for years until the recent storms.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn 41 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State 23 min ago
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen