New York News
Bronx roof collapses caused by heavy snowfall
WESTCHESTER VILLAGE (WABC) -- The heavy snowfall is likely to blame for two roof collapses in the Bronx.
The roof of a house in the Westchester Village Section of the Bronx partially collapsed. The building was vacant, and there was no one there at the time. Con Ed cut power to the house, and building inspectors are checking to see if the structure is sound.
On the same block, the roof of a backyard deck collapsed. The owner of the home said the deck had held up for years until the recent storms.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Mount Vernon responds to racist tweets by Mahopac players
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85 26 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos