New York News
Plane struck by de-icing vehicle at LaGuardia takes off
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Passengers are now on their way to Florida after a collision during de-icing delayed their flight out of LaGuardia Airport Saturday night.
Delta flight 2181 was struck at around 6:30 p.m. while taxiing as it was heading for takeoff. The flight was scheduled to take off at 5:40 p.m. but was delayed because of the weather.
There were 149 passengers on board the plane. Nobody was injured. The passengers were deplaned on the tarmac.
Delta says that because of the delays, the pilot exceeded his allowable hours so the passengers weren't able to leave until Sunday morning. Their new flight took off at 7 a.m. Sunday.
`` It wasn't immediately clear how much damage was done to the plane.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos