New York News
Plane struck by de-icing vehicle at LaGuardia takes off
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Passengers are now on their way to Florida after a collision during de-icing delayed their flight out of LaGuardia Airport Saturday night.
Delta flight 2181 was struck at around 6:30 p.m. while taxiing as it was heading for takeoff. The flight was scheduled to take off at 5:40 p.m. but was delayed because of the weather.
There were 149 passengers on board the plane. Nobody was injured. The passengers were deplaned on the tarmac.
Delta says that because of the delays, the pilot exceeded his allowable hours so the passengers weren't able to leave until Sunday morning. Their new flight took off at 7 a.m. Sunday.
`` It wasn't immediately clear how much damage was done to the plane.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Missing11-year-old Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 32 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing11-year-old Brooklyn boy found safe...
1 min ago