New York News
Plane struck by de-icing vehicle at LaGuardia takes off
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Passengers are now on their way to Florida after a collision during de-icing delayed their flight out of LaGuardia Airport Saturday night.
Delta flight 2181 was struck at around 6:30 p.m. while taxiing as it was heading for takeoff. The flight was scheduled to take off at 5:40 p.m. but was delayed because of the weather.
There were 149 passengers on board the plane. Nobody was injured. The passengers were deplaned on the tarmac.
Delta says that because of the delays, the pilot exceeded his allowable hours so the passengers weren't able to leave until Sunday morning. Their new flight took off at 7 a.m. Sunday.
`` It wasn't immediately clear how much damage was done to the plane.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Heroin antidote Narcan saves 6 in Ocean County
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Baby monitors batteries recalled over burn hazard
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos