New York News
Dog shocked by faulty wiring on Lower East Side
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A building owner on the Lower East Side will be making emergency repairs after a dog was shocked by a stray wire.
It happened Saturday on Clinton Street.
Eyewitnesses say the small dog was with its owner when it touched a wire on some scaffolding outside a building.
Witnesses said the dog started barking loudly as if it were in a fight. The owner brought the dog into a nearby bodega where CPR was started.
The owner eventually got into a cab and took the dog to an animal hospital. There is no word yet on its condition.
Con Edison says faulty wiring may have energized one of metal poles connected to the scaffolding.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, lower east side, new york news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ