New York News
Dog shocked by faulty wiring on Lower East Side
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A building owner on the Lower East Side will be making emergency repairs after a dog was shocked by a stray wire.
It happened Saturday on Clinton Street.
Eyewitnesses say the small dog was with its owner when it touched a wire on some scaffolding outside a building.
Witnesses said the dog started barking loudly as if it were in a fight. The owner brought the dog into a nearby bodega where CPR was started.
The owner eventually got into a cab and took the dog to an animal hospital. There is no word yet on its condition.
Con Edison says faulty wiring may have energized one of metal poles connected to the scaffolding.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, lower east side, new york news
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park